MMC's Tunnel Scripts
Matthew Moyle-Croft (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- This works for me under RH7.3 and RH8.
- Copy these three files to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts
- Edit ifcfg-tun0 appropriately
- Use normal Redhat commands to bring interfaces up and down (ifup, ifdown)
- Notes: I've had a report that the tunnels are done slightly differently. Internode may use IPIP tunnels instead of GRE - just change the references in the files from gre to ipip. Also, it maybe necessary to setup an "anonymous" tunnel at the linux box end. Internode used a /30 for my tunnel, but it appears they may not do this anymore. So in ifcfg-tun0 put an unused IP address as the IP address of tun0 at your end (eg. 10.0.0.1/8 or 192.168.1.1/24).